Tuesday, 1 December 2015

Advent Socks

Happy first of December everybody! Yikes my advent calendar isn't finished!! I've still got all those buttons to sew on and figure out a way of hanging it up. And fill with sweet treats of course.


Hopefully I can get it done this afternoon, but I have a busy day as I'm preparing all the last bits for my workshop later. As usual I'm holding it at Fancy, my friend Saffron's coffee shop, and tonight is our Christmas special where we will be making crocheted granny coasters and sewing them to scented pads that I have made. I filled them with festive smelling tea, the idea being you can rest your hot drink on it, and as well as protecting your table, it should also give off a lovely smell that will get you in the Christmas spirit. It really is a full house tonight, I'm a bit nervous as I want to make sure everyone gets the attention they need, most people however are my regular ladies and I'm sure they will have a super evening chatting and crocheting. I'm running a free raffle too, two prizes of handmade stockings filled with goodies are ready and I will get everyone to write their names on bits of paper and get Saffron to draw the winners from a hat. It's my way of saying thank you for the support of all my regulars, they are all such a fantastic bunch of people.


I'm also joining Sandra for our #AdventSockKAL. We've decided to have a knit a long for Christmas socks as we'd both bought festive skeins whilst at Festiwool a few weeks back. The idea is to cast the socks on today and do a few rows each day aiming to complete them on Christmas eve so we can wear them on the big day. I'm so excited, just as my little one is about having the chocolates out of her advent calendar (if I get it finished).


I treated myself to a pretty mug and made a project bag too so I'm all set, just need to find half an hour to actually cast on, even if it's a few rows it doesn't matter. I just want to get started!!!


If you want to join in with me and Sandra with our #AdventSockKAL don't forget to post your progress on Instagram :o)

Have a great day,

'till next time...
                                                                

No comments:

Post a Comment