Saturday, 28 November 2015

Saturday Roundup and 3 Cheerz!!!

Hi everyone, I hope you're enjoying your weekend.

I'm feeling better after a week of 'the lergy' and have spent most of today cleaning my grotty house. Without fail I always want to disinfect everything after being ill, and I needed to get on top of everything as no housework has been done for days and it was getting me down. So after a few hours of domestic duties I look around me and it looks a bit better I suppose - at least I know the kitchen floor is no longer a health hazard ;0|





I mentioned in my last post that I've had a run of finishing things and so I thought I'd catch up with that today. This knitted hat is a pattern from issue 139 of Simply Knitting by Kirstie McLeod and I made it up in a lovely cranberry red chunky yarn - Lion brand Vanna's Choice. The pattern is easy and fun, although I would have preferred to have been able to knit it in the round as opposed to flat, but that's because I don't like seaming. It's so cute with the little pom-poms and fits perfectly. My little poppet was very happy to model too.


And then socks. I'm part of the sock-knitting craze sweeping the country yarn community. Actually socks are a very satisfying project, and it wasn't that long ago that the construction still mystified me. These certainly aren't perfect, I'm still a learner, but I'm generally pleased with how they have turned out.  Their name is 'Hyper Hyper Socks' as that is what the colour of this Sirdar Heart and Sole yarn is called - according to the drop-down thing on Ravelry anyway. They are bright and in your face, perfect to wear on a jeans and boots day. The pattern is Hermione's everyday sock by Erica Lueder, I got a bit confused on the heel part and ended up doing a slip-stitch one as I had done that before, but I think I have now figured out how it was supposed to be so will be able to do it properly if I use this pattern again. And I probably will, it's a good one.

And finally I can announce my three lucky winners in the Cheerz give away, yay!!!

The three winners are:

Sally Dodd

Joanne Roberts


S Phillips

Congratulations, I will email you your codes to spend £20 on the Cheerz website
I hope you have fun with it!

'till next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment