Tuesday, 8 September 2015

Gathering my thoughts...


Hello my lovelies, I hope you are all well?

I find myself flitting from one thing to another, both in craft terms (too many WIP's) and household stuff too. I can't seem to stick to one thing to get it finished and enjoy the satisfaction of completion.

Dipping in and out of a hundred and one tasks leaves me feeling a bit frazzled so today I made a list and forced myself to focus on a handful so I could draw the big tick of finality next to at least some of them!

The first thing to get the big fat tick was my 'granny tech' page. It's been something I have been meaning to do for some time so I can direct the beginners that attend my crochet workshops to the page so they have something to refer to when they practise at home.

It's right back to complete basics of crocheting a granny square with loads (and loads) of photos to help illustrate how I make the motifs. There are of many ways to make the same thing but this is my method and the way I teach so I wanted to make sure my newby crocheters had some follow up material.
I've also included a join-as-you go section as it's probably my favourite joining method - well one of them any way. So there is lots of information included on the page, enough to actually make a blanket apart from the border.  Ummm, maybe I will add that on at a later date...


The next thing I needed to get sorted was the pattern writing for the projects for my forth coming workshop next week. It's quite an exciting one as we have some of my regular ladies coming and also a few new people as well. I am always so grateful and excited to see my lovely ladies coming back again and again, and I am so happy that we have some new blood too.  I recently registered with Craft Courses where you can find all different kinds of workshops all around the UK, and it's meant I'm a bit easier to find on the web, which is what I needed to be.
The workshop is entitled 'Solid Granny Shapes' and worried that the square on it's own might be a bit basic, I have included the pattern for a hexagon and a triangle too. This means 3 lots of patterns to write as well as 3 charts to construct. Man those charts take me ages! I use the Crochet Chart app and although it's quite good and definitely useful, it could be a bit more user friendly and I wish I knew how to have more colours!
So I'm glad the patterns and charts are complete. I will just proof read it a hundred few more times and then I will print off copies for my workshopees.

 

On the subject of crochet charts I did receive and email from a helpful lady pointing out there was  mistake in the chart that I had hand drawn for my Peach Skinny Scarf pattern, although the written instructions are correct. My drawn chart was rubbish anyway so I decided to create a new, correct one on the computer to replace it. I made up the square in dk yarn to remind myself of the pattern, and I really like how it came out. I have added a final round of dc to give it a finished edge and if I'm not careful this may turn into another new project - NOOOOOOO, don't do it Sam. Remember to finish things!
Can I show some blog love to the wonderful byhaafner. Her style is exquisite and I love her work. She has been hand drawing crochet charts and they are fantastic! I would love to have one framed for my wall in my craft corridor - it's a work of art!


I need to tell you about the other page I have set up (the tabs for these can be found at the top of the blog page by the way)
I have done a photo tutorial on how to make a project bag, and although I published it a while ago I don't think I told you about it here. These bags are a fantastic sewing project that are lovely and quick to make. I have made loads for myself and to give away as presents.




On the home front I'm happy that I have finally got round to taking the sides off my little one's cot bed. She turned 3 in June so it's about time! With the sides off and at a low position her 'new' bed looks so cute, especially with her magic hexagon blanket. She calls out in the morning 'is it wake up time Mummy?' and waits for my reply before getting out of bed.


Finally, if you would like to read about Katie's adventure to the Toft Alpaca Shop that she won in the giveaway I hosted, you can read all about it here. Really sounds like she had a wonderful time, thanks Katie for sharing your day out with us.

'till next time...


No comments:

Post a Comment