Friday, 7 August 2015

Cosy Toes












I wanted to get some super cute pictures of me and my poppet modelling our matching socks. I managed to take a few while she was busy nursing her baby, she must be used to me clicking my camera around all the time and is certainly non-plussed!

The sock knitting bug hasn't left, although I don't have any on the needles at the moment I am itching to cast some on. It's the Waterlily that is holding me back, still a challenge, BUT I WILL NOT GIVE UP! I can't wait for the day when I can give you a ta-dah post for that.

The yarn used for these socks is Regia 4-fadig Color 05025 and I got it from Hobbycraft. You need 2 x 50g balls for a pair of adult socks, but there is enough for a toddler pair too, so I couldn't resist making some mini ones. I love the colours in this yarn, it's fun to make as you knit through with lots of different colour stitches. The pretty shades mean they have a summery feel to them, even though they are nice and warm, so it felt right to make them ankle length.

The adult sock pattern is here, and the toddler sock pattern is here.

'till next time...

                                                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment