Wednesday, 25 March 2015

Let's Catch Up & Crochet...



I seem to have lost my thread when it comes to blogging. I guess it's just because there is lots going on and, as I only have a small and simple mind I can only cope with thinking about a certain number of things at any one time :o) So here's a catch up post, it's quite long with lots of photos, do you fancy hanging out for a bit?

I had a lovely Mother's day with my children. It was just us 5 as husband was working, he was singing to other mothers at the Centre Parks that has opened up not far from us. So me and the kids spent the day together. We visited the cemetery - yes I know that sounds depressing but it was actually really nice to remember my Mum (and Dad, he's there too) with the children, although they don't have any memories of their Grandmother at all as she died quite a while ago.
We have a little baby up there too, sorry, sorry I don't want to be morbid. It's fine honestly! We remembered him in a loving way and loved each other and it was fine.
I didn't intend to go down the sad route then - I hope you all don't mind. I lost him just past half way through the pregnancy. It was awful, but it is actually quite a common thing.
And I do have four lovely, healthy babies.
I am blessed. I really am.


Anyway, back to business. I did a workshop at the beginning of the month teaching wash cloths and it was great. Such an enjoyable evening with all my lovely ladies. We had a few beginners too so it was brilliant to meet new people and spread the crochet love!
These cloths are crocheted in a rib pattern, making them nice and thick and absorbent. I've put the pattern on Love Crochet if you fancy making some. Fine it here.





I've also started my photographic course at Bedford College. I had booked in to start in April, but it was brought forward and I am now half way through the six week course. Our tutor, Hedj Dollman is really good at explaining stuff and it all is starting to make sense. I'm beginning to understand my camera much better and take photos with thought and consideration, rather than relying on good luck and the skills of the Auto setting. The images above are all my homework efforts, the top one was to 'freeze movement' and I'm really chuffed to get my daughter's leap in mid-air. I'm so happy to get all her limbs showing (I took loads with varying success) and for there to be no blurring - which of course is the point. I like the way her hair is flying up too, but the only thing I don't like is the background. It's PANTS! How wonderful if we had done the shot on a sunny beach?

Maybe we can re-create the picture on our holiday this year, if I can get organised enough to book something!


I'm happy to see the garden starting to come to life, with small smiles of colour here and there. I'm also thinking about my Easter display this year and found these gorgeous egg decorations on Ebay.


Since the beginning of the year I have been attending Slimming World and am super pleased to have reached my target weight. Yay!! It's a great group, everyone is really friendly and I have made friends with another crochet addict - hello Emma, if you're reading!!


 I have also been facing the challenge of the DPN. More on that in my next post.


And finally I have joined in with Sandra and her blanket-a-long. I had not intended to make this gypsy throw, and really should've picked up my Jewels in the Snow cotton blanket that has been neglected for quite a while, but I couldn't resist the fun of taking part and am really enjoying the process. I will fill you in on more details of this project soon, but for now here is the Ravelry link if you want to see more from the Blanketeers!





Gosh, lots going on. It's been really fab to catch up with you though. I hope you have a fantastic day and I will be back soon,

'till next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment