Saturday, 18 October 2014

Roundup


Good morning to you reader, what are you plans for today? I've got many many chores to do and I intend to speed through as quick as I can so I can enjoy a crafty afternoon, hopefully!

Thank you for the lovely comments on my Lady Kina, you are all so encouraging and complimentary! Joanne, it does fit perfectly and Maria the above photo is the best you're gonna get! 
I can't tell you how happy I am with the success of this knitted make. I've worn it a lot and have just put it on to wash so I can wear it a lot more!

I'm here today with a bit of news. After taking a break from doing crochet workshops I am up and running again (thanks to a couple of requests). The first workshop is on Tuesday 4th November at Fancy and it's an intermediate workshop making crochet coat hanger covers:


I've put a new tab for workshop info at the top of the page, so if you want to know the details it's all there. There will also be a beginners table for a maximum of 2 people where I will teach basic stitches and techniques. One of the beginner places has gone already, and it would be really nice to have another person to make it more cosy.

I've also have an up coming workshop at the Art Centre in Bedford. This one will be on Saturday morning 13th December and it is Christmas themed (sorry if it's a bit early to mention the big day!!)


We will be making these cute pudding decorations, so it's intermediate again, but there will still be 2 beginners places as well.
I still need to finalise the booking and paying details for this one and will update the workshop page accordingly when I have the information for you.
If you want to be added to my mailing list, tell me by leaving a comment below (where I will be able to get your email address from) or of course you can email me direct :o)

I still have a bit of work to do in preparation for these workshops. The designs have come to life and the rough patterns are written up, so it's just a case of typing up the work sheet and gathering all the materials ready. I do like to get organised well in advance as there is bound to be some storm in a teacup family crisis just before to remind me where my place is in life! (She says through gritted teeth)

Another thing to bring to your attention is my Etsy shop!
I have been thinking about selling a few bits that I make for a while now. It's just on a small scale really, a place to sell things that I enjoy making and I hope people will like. I have put an 'E' link button on my sidebar to take you straight to the shop, I do want to tidy up my social media buttons, I think they look a bit bit messy as they are but at least they do do the job.

The shop is still a work in progress right now and I'm hoping to get a banner organised at some point (this is a computer job which for me always needs oodles of concentration and certainly no interruptions, so I need to find some quiet time for that)

In my shop now I've got some pretty felt flower brooches:


and also some patchwork and crochet Christmas stockings (sorry Heather!):


There are a few different designs to choose from, pop over and have a look!

So I hope you don't mind me doing a bit of self promotion today! I always feel a bit shy for some reason.

Thanks for your visit, I hope you have a fun-filled day!

'till next time...


No comments:

Post a Comment