Friday, 19 September 2014

All washed out

Hello my friends, it's been a while since I had a washing disaster.


Do you remember I made this set of cushion covers for my living room?
Oh how I love the grey!



They were constantly slipping down flat as they were on the leather sofa and cat insisted on sleeping right on top of each one, leaving her smelly fur behind, so I wanted to give them a wash.

Did I check the wash instructions on the yarn band which I still have and so is easy to reference?

NO

I just shoved them into the machine and washed at 40 degrees.



The grey colour has gone, and a beige is left!

If you didn't know any better you would think I had used a beige yarn right from the start as the colour has gone so evenly.

The 2 shades of pinks have survived okay and they are the same yarn as the grey.

Serves me right I suppose, I should've checked the wash instructions. It does say cold hand wash.

I prefer the grey colour but the cushions still look fine in the house so they can stay

'till next time...


                                                                

No comments:

Post a Comment