Thursday, 21 November 2013

Star Mandala

Oh I have had such a good day today, everything has been lovely and I'm feeling the blog world love. Thanks for all your encouraging comments on my free-form quilting, my binding is attached and I'm half way round sewing it in place, so not long now before I can show you all how it's turned out, yay!

As well as all that crazy quilting I've been doing a bit of crochet pattern testing. The lovely Barbara from Made in K-Town had recently asked for a volunteer to test out her star mandala pattern before she put it up for sale in her Etsy shop. I put my name in the hat and lucky me got the email from Barbara with the pattern attached ready for me to put to the test. I simply couldn't wait to get started!


I felt very important to have been given the job and set about reading the pattern briefly through first and then out came my cotton yarn and hook and I was off. I had my pencil at hand to make any notes regarding mistakes or typos - but there weren't really any at all and I produced a fab little mandala in no time.


and it wasn't long before I had another two and my set was complete. I'm loving this little trio of beauties, and the pattern is wonderful to work up. It's very easy to follow with good photos and extra explanations written in italics that really help you to completely understand where you're at - it's almost like Barbara is sitting beside you, gently talking you through her creation.


I've used three pretty colours of Jade, Pink and Cream (Patons 100% cotton) 


I also drew out a 14 spiked star on paper (with a bit of clingfilm on top) to use as a blocking pattern.


So if you fancy making this gorgeous star mandala for yourself here is the shop link, it's such fun!


But hey! The generous Barbara has given me permission to give her pattern away in a give away - yes I know I've only just had one but 'tis the season of giving (well soon anyway) so why not? 
So leave a comment on this post and I will use the random selector to pick the winner on Sunday 1st December 2013 at about 8pm.


I'm going to donate my mandala trio to Janets pop up crafty shop at Fancy Bedford in aid of the DEC Typhoon appeal that takes place on Saturday 30th November - pop over to her blog for more info if you would like to either donate an item or go along on Saturday to see what's on offer and treat yourself!

'till next time...

                                                            

No comments:

Post a Comment