Friday, 29 November 2013

Knitathon


There is a knitathon happening in my town this weekend in aid of Headway organised by the very sweet Bev at The Bedford Arms in Bromham Road. So from 8pm tomorrow (Saturday 30th November) you can knit away for a whole 24 hours all in aid of charity and I think you get fed and watered too!


The idea is to knit lots of 6" squares that will be then joined together into a blanket which will be auctioned off at 8pm Sunday evening, raising hopefully lots of money for the worthy charity. Luckily for me they will accept crochet squares too but unfortunately I'm not able to go for the whole 24 hours but will pop along on Sunday morning to lend my support. I'm hoping these granny-squares I've made will be okay for the blanket and I'll be able to donate some yarn too if they need it.


So if you are local and would like to join in you can get more info from Bev at beverlyjoburridge@gmail.com or call 01234 214656. I'm quite excited, I've never been to any type of 'thon' before!

'till next time...
                                                      

No comments:

Post a Comment