Tuesday, 24 September 2013

Zebra Blanket

Hello all, for the first time in a while I have got the computer to myself and although I should be doing household chores while baby naps I just can't face it and am mooching around bloglovin' et al. We really need to get updated on the technology front in this house but it's always so expensive when you desire Apple products, so the Mac will have to wait until probably forever and I will carry on fighting with the kids for time on this donkey laptop.



Last month was my eldest daughter's birthday and I made her a granny-stripe blanket and slouch beanie. Well to keep things fair for my middle daughter's birthday which was last week I have made a ripple in colours that go with her 'zebra' bedroom.


I used stylecraft special yarn in black, grey, silver and white with Attic 24's ripple pattern (always a winner)  for a modest size single bed throw. I started this as I finished the granny stripe in mid August so finishing it within a month must make it the fastest blanket I've made!!


The border consists of a few rows of half trebles in the silver, a row of double-crochet in grey and then some more in white with a lacy edging to finish.


I also threaded some narrow black ribbon through the stitches to complete the glamorous look I was aiming for.


as you can see it goes well with her zebra wallpaper and matching bedding. Teddy has even made a cameo appearance in this photo (he's a teenager now too!)





I also made her a crochet collar:


I've yet to see her wear it so I'm not sure if she really likes it. Saying that I think it's one of those things that need to be matched with a specific top or otherwise would look weird :o)


I made her some of her favourite chocolate-chip muffins with some extra butter-cream on top and found some zebra print cake cases (and candles) in Tescos to fit in with the theme. We enjoyed a lovely family meal out and my daughter gave me a gorgeous hug and thanked me for making her day special. She's a good girl. She's special.

When I started this blanket I wasn't sure it would work as the colours seemed so boring - but I was very wrong! The contrast between the shades makes it quite striking and varying the widths of the stripes by working different amounts of rows makes for a really interesting pattern.
All in all a success :o)

I hope you have a lovely week, take care
'till next time...


No comments:

Post a Comment