Sunday, 25 August 2013

Liebster Award

Yesterday morning I received an email from the lovely Chrissie at Chrissie Crafts blog saying she had named my blog for the Liebster Blog Award. Now at first I had no idea what this actually entailed, or what it meant and to be honest although had read about different blog awards around and around I hadn't taken any heed. I took a look at Chrissies' post and gauged an understanding that it's a way of bloggers acknowledging other bloggers and appreciating their work and learning facts about them - just for fun. There is an element of the chain letter about it as once you have been given the award you then award it on to others with less than 200 followers.


Once I had got my head around what it was all about I went into blind panic as I worried that I could never give answers to the questions in an interesting or entertaining way. Believe it or not I actually lost sleep over it and was awake last night for about an hour or so (gosh how sad is that?)  The thought of exposing me as me and coming out from behind the crochet blanket was scary! I am able to relate to the Grumpy Old Men series of programmes more than I care to admit and Victor Meldew is my (older) male equivalent.
Having said that I do constantly try to overcome my negative side and in all seriousness my crafting is what helps me with that. Making blogging friends is also a wonderful outcome of starting to blog and the connections I have made are so special to me.

 The word 'liebster' I understand is a German word for dearest and so therefore I accept the award in the manner it's given and join in with the game:

So a few random facts about me:

  • I am the youngest of six children and I am a twin (my twin brother was born a couple minutes before me)
  • I work as a Deputy Registrar of births, deaths and marriages. I do officiate at quite a few marriages and from time to time I do get a cold shiver down my spine as I pronounce the couple husband and wife (or civil partners). It's a strange and special feeling.
  • I always start reading a magazine from the back and work my way to the front.
  • I am in love with Justin Currie. It's okay my husband is fine with this.
  • I worry too much.
  • I am the worst cook in the whole wide world.
  • I use the phrase 'the whole wide world' a lot as in: you are the most beautiful baby in the whole wide world.
  • I often have my best creative thoughts in the special moment between being asleep and waking up.
  • Although I was born in England, myself and obviously my brother were conceived in Singapore where my parents had been posted due to my fathers' work in the RAF. This really appeals to me as it sounds so exotic!
  • I use too many ellipsis (you knew that already) ...
and now on to the questions Chrissie has asked:


1. When baking or cooking, do you clean the kitchen as you go, or wait til it’s all done then tackle the mess after? - yeah well, apart from trying to avoid this at all costs I suppose mostly I will try and clear as I go a bit as my kitchen is not that big and so I need to make room. When inspiration hits for a sewing project however, I create in a mess until I've finished or my time is up.

2. If money, time and family schedules were not an issue, what would be your dream job? - right now I would like to be a stay at home mum as my youngest is only one. But otherwise a sewing and crochet designer, publishing books filled with projects and patterns thought up by myself.

3. Name three things that are always in your fridge. - milk, Stork and my husbands 'milk and more' yoghurt.

4. Sweet or savoury? sweet. and sometimes savoury. both. 

5. What is your favourite book? I hardly read at all these days I'm afraid, which is something I should do something about. But I used to love reading books by John Irving, The World According to Garp and Cider House Rules are probably my favourites.

6. You have a room all to yourself. How do you decorate it? No one to impress, no one to judge. Your secret hiding place. I don't think I have a definite style as such as I like so many different things and want it all really. But it would be pretty and feminine I think. If I had the room now I would paint it white and fill it with vintage finds and floral print fabrics - but that's today, maybe next week I will have a different idea!!

7. Do you have a signature dish? Tell us about it! - errm, Andy's Chippy?

so I now need to pass on the Liebster award to some other bloggers. I follow a fair few so let me think? Firstly I will award to Janet at Kitchen Table Sewing. Janet has just had a little baby girl so I imagine her blogging time is a bit limited just now. I love her blog as she writes so well - something I admire.
Then I will nominate Irene at All Occasions Cards, Papers and more. She always leaves lovely comments and makes some super cards as well as some great crochet and patchwork makes.

and finally I award Judit at Monster Yarns. She is a very intelligent woman who also writes well and provides some very interesting, thought provoking posts. I also need to apologise to Judit as back in May she awarded me the Super Sweet Blogging Award and as it came at a time when I was super stressed with returning to work after my maternity leave, I'm afraid I let it slip through my emailing fingers and didn't act upon it. Sorry Judit... (by the way Judit has many more than 200 followers so I'm bending the rules a bit)

and your questions are:
  1. Do you believe in ghosts?
  2. What part of the day are you at your best? Morning or evening?
  3. What person in your life do you admire most, and why?
  4. Would you ever take part in a reality TV programme?
  5. If you could time travel, what era (future or past) would you visit?
  6. and finally, in honour of my Grumpy Old Men revelation, tell us about something that really gets on your nerves!
'till next time...

                                                                  

No comments:

Post a Comment