Wednesday, 14 August 2013

Day Tripping

Here are some pics from our day trip to Southwold, a pretty seaside town on the east coast of England.


It was perfect weather for splashing in the sea...


watching Punch and Judy...


admiring the beach huts...


taking a few moments of time to watch the water clock on the pier...


happening upon a small yarn fair with weavers, spinners and being introduced to weaving using a peg loom - I'd never heard of that before.  We were expecting a CD and record fair to be here (as it always has been in the past) my husband collects vinyl records and fancied a mooch. As we entered my son questioned why there were pictures of sheep above the door, so it was funny when instead of a room full of vinyl music geeks it was full of yarnies!!


Here are my purchases. My yarn diet / trying not to buy things is not going well...

The CD and record fair is now situated just next door (behind Barclays bank) so hubby had a spend as well. He bought a Buddy Holly box set, and Howard Keel and Cliff Richard records. My eldest daughter bought some bits there too.

There is a Jack Wills store in Southwold and my daughter loves the stuff from there and used her spending money to buy some leggings in the sale. 

We are a family of shoppers I'm afraid...


We played on the 2p tilt machines...


and had dinner in the Restaurant on the pier...


we admired the sunset as we made our way back to the car...

...and were together. As a family. That's my favourite bit.


'till next time....

      

No comments:

Post a Comment