Tuesday, 16 July 2013

Crochet Summer Bag

May I take 5 minutes away from my (crazily hectic) real life and nip into blogland to say hello and how are you?
Even though my time at the home computer these days is limited I still make sure I pick up my hook or needle everyday - even for a few stitches - for my soul's sake.


Here's a bag I made recently. Just an idea I had while looking over my daughters shoulder as she flicked through a fashion magazine while waiting to see the orthodontist. It was an image of a shift dress that caught my eye, the stripes of the fabric were the lime, navy and white I've used here and I've tried, to the best of my memory to copy the proportion and formation of the stripes. (it does strike me as strange that I have space in my head to remember patterns on fabric and colours and types of yarn but forget to go to my son's meeting at his new school. oh dear and yes I have given myself a VERY hard time about that one :-(


The image of the dress stayed with me and with the Stylecraft Classique Cotton DK yarn (fabulous yarn, great value, naff name) in white, soft lime and nocturne I made the pattern up as I went along and, wonders of wonders, it turned out exactly how I imagined!!


The lining is some cotton fabric I spied at my local sewing store, which I knew would look fab inside but for a bit of body and shape I did use some woven fusible canvas purchased from U-Handbag.


and I had to make 2 pockets for the inside. One for phone and other for keys. Sunglasses can hook on the outside of the little gathered pouch pockets if they want, but most of the time they are on my head.


and of course a crochet flower detail to pretty it up a bit :-)


I haven't got round to using it yet but with the sun shining so bright I think it's a perfect summer accessory :-)

take care, all you lovelies

'till next time....

                                                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment