Tuesday, 14 May 2013

May Rose Cushion


It's nearly that time again when I hold a monthly crochet workshop at Fancy - my friends coffee shop. My friend Saffron has made an absolute success with her business baking delicious cakes and other yummies, fitting her cafe out in a stylish, vintage way, with mis-matched tea-cups and thrifted tables and chairs.

She has other events going on at the shop all the time including sewing and litho printing workshops. She also has a counter where she sells hand-made goods on behalf of people and it has become a popular hub for the Bedford set - it really is the place to go! On my last visit I enjoyed a gorgeous lemon cake and my daughter had the famous chocolate brownie (if nothing else go there just for the brownies - they are to die for!!!). She was unable to finish all of it but took the rest into school with her and shared it with her friends which went down very well :-)


Now I have known Saffron for many years and during our friendship we have had times when we see each other a lot and other times not so much - so a true and real friendship. It is with her encouragement that I hold the crochet workshops and she suggested recently that I should have something on her counter to kinda advertise the workshops as people often ask. 

So I made a cushion.


Well I wanted to make a cushion like this anyway, so what a fab reason! I had seen some like this on Instagram made by users @_florarose and @cupcakejojo and with the help of the may roses pattern you can find on Attic24 blog, it was easy to crochet up 2 big granny squares, sew on the roses and leaves and then join them together and add a little crochet frill.


I've attached a label with my Catch Up & Crochet logo on and some slips with blog and email address for people to take away with them.

So the next workshop is Tuesday 21st May, but that is pretty much full. The next one after that is 18th June and there are still places available. It is an intermediate class learning to make the rosie posy granny square as featured on Cherry Heart blog - thank you Sandra for your generosity in letting me use your pattern :-)

                                                                   'till next time....
                                                                

No comments:

Post a Comment