Tuesday, 1 January 2013

Let The Sun Shine...


Yesterday was a beautiful day here, the sun shone and although it was a little cold, with coats and gloves it was bearable, mild really for this time of year. My family enjoyed a nice walk along the river and then came home and sat down to a late lunch, early dinner - linner. It was my favourite day of the festive season as we were all together - my husband being very busy with work at the moment means this doesn't happen as often as we'd like.


My daughter took some photos while we were walking. She has a new camera for Christmas and is experimenting with different shots.



She has nominated herself as my blog photographer, which is great because she's got a good eye for detail.


She's not the only one who wants to help!


My rainbow ripple blanket looks stunning in the sunshine of yesterday. My daughter took this photo while I spent a few minutes working on it. As it is SUCH a large project it is taking AGES and I've hit a bit of a wall with it, maybe I'm a little bored? I keep veering off to new things but the Crochet Police (my kids) keep me in check with comments like: "have you done your colour of the day yet?" meaning one stripe of colour which is 2 rows, or "if you don't do your ripple blanket it will never get finished" - alright, I know! and "Mummy, you really must do some intense rippling today" OK, OK, stop nagging! I'm not complaining, it's great that they all show an interest. My husband is very enthusiastic about my creations too, although the other week referred to my ripple blanket by saying "I love your rainbow carpet" my gasp made him correct himself to "err I mean rug" (louder gasp) " "IT'S A BLANKET!!!!!" He hasn't made that mistake again, lol. I don't mind really, it made me laugh. I would say him and the children are my biggest fans and I love them soooo much for that.


So, I'm off to do my 'colour of the day'...... or shall I do some daisy baby blanket, or flower scarf???

So many projects, so many possibilities!!!!!!!!!!!!!



3 comments:

  1. Thank you for your kind comments on my blog, and wow what a fabulous ripple, love the colours! I am so envious of your children and husband being interested and motivational, mine just take the mick out of me! must say I did love rippling, and the one or two rows a day really does mean it gets finished without taking over your life, the children are right. Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I spy Bedford, with my little eye! The rive is so high at the moment isn't it? Anyway, just wanted to say that I adore your ripple, it's looking fabulous. Those pinks are especially adorable!

    S x

    ReplyDelete