Sunday, 30 December 2012

New Year, New Things!


It's nearly the end of 2012 and for me it's gone so,so quickly. The run up to Christmas day, and even the day itself has flown past, but the whole year has gone in a blink!

2011 wasn't a great year for our family but this year just gone has made up for our heartache, with the birth of our baby girl, completing our family so perfectly. Here she is opening her first present on her first Christmas.


Mr Clock! Just a little stocking filler Santa picked up and she loves him.

All our children were very happy with all their gifts, the house is drowning in Lego mind!

We have been shopping too and I have been having a little spend,


A turquoise kitchen trolley from Ikea (Raskog) to help me get tidy tidy in my craft area.


Some more yarn from Frosts garden centre, because I don't have enough already (!)


And the best bargain of all .... 2 pink wicker chairs and a matching ottoman from Bargain Ally, all for £25!

They are a bit dirty but nothing a bit of soapy water can't rectify. The guy at Bargain Ally thought I would paint them a different colour but I quite like the pink.


They make my craft area, or crochet corner nice and cosy :-)

There's my rainbow ripple blanket looking all colourful. It's not yet finished, still a fair bit to go.  The pink and green African flower crochet on the chair is actually destined for a stool cover, I just need to get round to painting the stool.  And you can also see a little daisy blanket taking form on the chair as well. As usual I have far too many WIP lying around, and soooo many ideas in my head for other stuff. But as I've said before, it's all good and I will stay busy and happy making my things.

Happy New Year to you all....Carry on Crafting!!!!!

5 comments:

  1. What lovely new things! I love the kitchen trolley and your new yarn! Frost do yarn now?? Which Frosts did you go to my dear? Also what great finds on the chair and ottoman - perfect!

    S x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Sandra. Frosts at Willington Garden Centre.
      Sam x

      Delete
  2. I like that aqua craft caddy idea....and great bargains with the wicker chairs! However there is one slight problem, you haven't said what that gorgeous yarn is! Fiona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Fiona, it's DMC Natura Just Cotton - lovely colours, very soft but frustratingly splitty! xx

      Delete
    2. Hello Fiona, it's DMC Natura Just Cotton - lovely colours, very soft but frustratingly splitty! xx

      Delete