Saturday, 15 December 2012

Christmas Coasters


Hello, how's it going? Hope you're ok today and all your Christmas preparations are going to plan. We have managed to get the tree and decorate it. I've almost finished the present wrapping and just have to gear myself up to the card writing so as to get in the post Monday. With all the horrible and tragic events in America that I must admit I find hard to think about as it's too upsetting, I feel all the more fortunate to have my lovely family around me. This time of year is my husbands busiest time at work so unfortunately he's not around much but we still manage to hang out a bit. Next week is the last week of school before the hols and we have the school play to look forward to in which best boy has a speaking part.
Today's Yay all done post is about the coasters I've made from an idea from The Making Spot, another christmassy make that I wanted to do this year.

After knitting two coasters, one with a star and the other with a tree (intarsia - help!), and then crocheting a Christmas wreath granny-square with puff stitches (my own pattern - chuffed) 


I cut some festive fabric as backing so I was able to use some potpourri inside the coasters for a lovely Christmas time scent.


This is the one I've used, it contains a merry mix of cinnamon, vanilla and clove blended with delightful green sugared pear and is truly gorgeous!


The idea is when you place your warm drink onto the coasters a lovely aroma floats up, giving all your senses a Festive treat! I just wish this was 'smellawebsurfing' so you could appreciate just how lovely these are and enjoy the scent with me.

Take care and enjoy your week,

S x


No comments:

Post a Comment